Open Position | Payroll/Accounting Administrative Assistant (please apply below)
Experience: 1 year or more experience
Education: All education levels accepted. Experience counts towards education goals.
Pay: Varies on experience. Hourly. Ability to work more hours during tax season or busy times.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 9-3 during non-tax season.
FT/PT: Part time, 20-24/week
Beyond Accounting, a WNY accounting firm, is seeking a Payroll/Accounting Administrative Assistant. This role involves reception duties, including filing and light bookkeeping for multiple companies. The ideal individual will have fast and accurate data entry skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Duties also include administrative tasks such as answering phones, ordering supplies, and scheduling appointments. Candidates should be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They should be self-motivated and trustworthy. The office administrator ensures the smooth running of Beyond Accounting’s office and contributes in driving sustainable growth.
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
• Payroll processing and bookkeeping
• Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
• QuickBooks data entry
• Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
• Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
• Submit timely reports
• Assist owners whenever necessary
• Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, QuickBooks